Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
apologies, got sidetracked with noodles, dumplings and your lovely face...
not to mention CA'S birthday was divine!
as you know, a trip to marfa would not be complete without a trip to the Prada store.
the monk summed it up nicely here.
i can't wait until we go back there together. magic.
see you in nyc very soon....
Thursday, May 3, 2012
saturday went something like this -
- huevos rancheros from marfa burrito - a small little house/cafe run by 2 mexican women that don't speak any english... delicious!
- the reception area and ceremony setting outside finished nicely with some confetti system garlands.
have just arrived in time to dumpling with you in the rain when you come up to breathe.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
- graffiti spotted on a wall in town
- the best gin cocktail i've tasted in a while ... the bartender gave me the recipe so i shall make for you
- our hip motel all lit up at night
the many buildings in town where Donald Judd kept his work, his collection of other artists and slept.
(there is a bed in every space)
no photos were allowed of course but all spaces were gorgeous , minimalist and not a hair out of place... talk about neat freak.
later toured 'the Block' , his compound and residence, where 2 libraries housed an extensive book collection, another minimalist 'studio' with his earlier works and then his living residence where we could only peek through the windows as no one is allowed in.
oh Donald... you were a little cray cray.